Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bowman's Final Blog Post

Well, I can't believe that our time in Seoul is already over! I am now home, but still jetlagged. We had a fabulous time, saw a lot, and learned a lot. Our classes went really well, and there was a lot of spirited discussion. And outside of class we had fun:
--We played a lot of food roulette. Matt Harris was both the big winner (Korean omelettes) and also the big loser (boiled pork skin), and Juan Delgado met his match in a spicy chicken dish.
--We played human Tetris in elevators (Question: How many Americans can you fit in a Korean elevator? Answer: 11. Sadly, there were 12 of us.)
--We saw more sights than we had a right to in 26 short days in China and Korea.
So it's no wonder I am tired, as well as jetlagged.
I want to send a sincere thanks to the students who participated, as well as to their families for supporting them in going to Korea, especially during this time of tensions with North Korea. All of you put your faith in the school and this program, and I really do appreciate it. I am better off for having participated in the program, and I hope all the students feel that way too.
Best, Greg

No comments: